Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 London Olympics Closing: the Fashion



It has been a while since I last made a blog entry and there are no excuses-I'm as free as an unemployed man with a beer on his hand. But.... I have been in a slump lately; I just realized that my life is quite boring compared to other people! Sometimes I want to take pictures for an entry, but I just can't seem to find the perfect angle, or place, or poses for the clothes. I'm just so uninspired lately-maybe I should go out and mingle more, rather than sitting at home in front of my laptop watching DVD after DVD after DVD...

So anyway just this early morning, at 3-6 a.m in my country, the London Olympics held its closing. Actually, me watching it was pure coincidence-I didn't even know that the closing was held today! Well, in my personal opinion, the rundown was a wreck; it was quite boring and just a whole mess for me. Fortunately, the fireworks and all the lighting effects saved the whole show. But at least many of the performers were looking fantastic!

1. The British Supermodels
L-R: Stella Tennant in Christopher Kane, Lily Cole in Erdem, Karen Elson in Burberry, Kate Moss & Naomi Campbell in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, Jourdan Dunn in Jonathan Saunders, David Gandy in Paul Smith, Georgia May Jagger in Victoria Beckham
L: Lily Donaldson in Vivienne Westwood

2. Spice Girls
So the "girls" came out from a bunch of bedazzled taxi cabs singing their hit, "Wannabe" looking fab!
L-R: Victoria Beckham in Giles Deacon, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Mel C, Mel B in Zuhair Murad

3. Jessie J
Jessie J's entrance in a white Rolls Royce
She came out rolling in a luxury car, while singing her hit song, "Price Tag"-can you say ironic?
wearing Vivienne Westwood



also wearing Vivienne Westwood's bodysuit

 Later that evening, she performed "We Will Rock You" with the original band, Queen!

4. Alessandra Ambrosio & Marisa Monte
I can't seem to find a proper photograph of Alessandra with her gorgeous dress, so bear with me here..

 Marisa entered with this enormous dress made of umbrellas and she came out of it to reveal this...
There's Alessandra; fourth from the left wearing a design from Brazilian fashion designer, Jum Nakao

BONUS:
This was my favorite performance from the whole event; Eric Idle's skit!
Tell me what's your favorite part?
Peace & Love,
Nia

2 comments:

  1. wow, will look at the performances, sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. overall the show was alright, but you can check it out :))

      Delete